The World Health Organisation in collaboration with the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention has launched a network of laboratories to reinforce genome sequencing of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The African News Agency quotes a statement issued by the Africa CDC as saying that 12 specialised and regional reference laboratories in the network will provide sequencing, data analysis, and other technical support services to the countries where they are located as well as to neighbouring countries and countries in their sub-regions.
- Seven arrested in 255 million rand SA audit scandal
- World Bank announces $12bn plan for poor countries to buy Covid vaccines
- Congolese activist goes on trial over French museum protest
- Namibia to ratify continental medicines agency treaty
- Japan Airlines scraps ‘ladies and gentlemen’ in favour of gender-neutral greetings