Minister of Agriculture, Water and Land Reform Calle Schlettwein earlier this week motivated the ratification of the revised 2018 Orange-Senqu River Basin Commission Agreement during a Parliament session. Nampa reports Schlettwein explained that the revision of the agreement was necessitated by the need to negotiate reasonable and equitable access of Namibia to the waters of the perennial rivers on the country’s borders and to align the agreements with the framework provided by the revised SADC Protocol on Shared Watercourses, the SADC Water Policy and the SADC Water Strategy.
- Seven arrested in 255 million rand SA audit scandal
- World Bank announces $12bn plan for poor countries to buy Covid vaccines
- Congolese activist goes on trial over French museum protest
- Namibia to ratify continental medicines agency treaty
- Japan Airlines scraps ‘ladies and gentlemen’ in favour of gender-neutral greetings