The police in Erongo have issued a stern warning to members of the public against the assaulting and abusing of state officials executing their duties. This, the Namibia press agency reports, follows a recent incident in which a police officer was attacked with an axe while trying to apprehend a suspect in Mondesa. Nampol’s Erongo Community Policing Commander Inspector, Ileni Shapumba, explained that there could be several factors leading to such incidents, such as the fear of being locked up in times of the pandemic or merely the fear of not being able to commit whatever other offences these suspects may want to.
- Seven arrested in 255 million rand SA audit scandal
- World Bank announces $12bn plan for poor countries to buy Covid vaccines
- Congolese activist goes on trial over French museum protest
- Namibia to ratify continental medicines agency treaty
- Japan Airlines scraps ‘ladies and gentlemen’ in favour of gender-neutral greetings