In a slightly bizarre local story, a 49-year-old man is expected to appear in the Karaburg Magistrate’s Court on Monday after he allegedly stabbed a 70-year-old man to death with an oryx horn at Noordoewer on Friday. “A quarrel arose between the two men and the victim went into his house and came out with the Oryx horn whereby the suspect grabbed the horn and stabbed the deceased, it is still unknown as to what caused the argument between them,” the Namibia press agency quotes the crime investigations coordinator for the ||Kharas Region as saying.
- Seven arrested in 255 million rand SA audit scandal
- World Bank announces $12bn plan for poor countries to buy Covid vaccines
- Congolese activist goes on trial over French museum protest
- Namibia to ratify continental medicines agency treaty
- Japan Airlines scraps ‘ladies and gentlemen’ in favour of gender-neutral greetings