In 1920, Hermann Ohlthaver and Carl List obtained a majority shareholding in the Felsenkeller-Brauerei following the liquidation of the Felsenkeller and the Kronen Brauereis, which were both struggling to survive due to the war and its aftermath. Ohlthaver and List together established a new company called South West Breweries Ltd. or Süd-West-Brauereien Limited that would later be known as Namibia Breweries Limited, the company that today officially marks 100 years of business.