The Bank of Namibia announced this morning that the Monetary Policy Committee had decided to reduce the Repo rate by 25 basis points, dropping it from 4% to a historic low of 3.75%. This level, Governor Johannes !Gawaxab said is appropriate to continue supporting domestic economic activity while at the same time safeguarding the one-to-one link between the Namibia Dollar and the South African Rand.
- Seven arrested in 255 million rand SA audit scandal
- World Bank announces $12bn plan for poor countries to buy Covid vaccines
- Congolese activist goes on trial over French museum protest
- Namibia to ratify continental medicines agency treaty
- Japan Airlines scraps ‘ladies and gentlemen’ in favour of gender-neutral greetings