Speaking at the Democratic National Convention, held virtually due to the Coronavirus pandemic, former First Lady Michelle Obama called out US President Donald Trump’s failings while highlighting the decency of normal people and her own experience with Democratic nominee Joe Biden. Obama said the US needs a leader that can empathise with those who struggled financially or lost loved ones during the pandemic.
- Seven arrested in 255 million rand SA audit scandal
- World Bank announces $12bn plan for poor countries to buy Covid vaccines
- Congolese activist goes on trial over French museum protest
- Namibia to ratify continental medicines agency treaty
- Japan Airlines scraps ‘ladies and gentlemen’ in favour of gender-neutral greetings