Following the second shipwreck in less than a year Mauritius deployed its coastguard and armed forces on Monday after a Chinese-flagged trawler containing 130 tonnes of oil ran aground. The South China Morning Post reports that the captain of the Lurong Yuan Yu issued distress calls late on Sunday and sent up flares after becoming stranded off Pointe-aux-Sables, in the northwest of the main island not far from the capital Port Louis. Mauritius’s Fisheries Minister said divers had found “no leak, no breach” in the hull of the ship and that efforts would be made to safely remove the fuel from the hold but that floating containment lines had been deployed as a precaution. Traces of oil earlier spotted around the vessel were not “heavy oil” but possibly lubricants, he said.