Mystery still surrounds the detention in China of a prominent Australian news anchor for the Chinese English-language international network, CGTN. Patrick Fok reports from Beijing though that her detention comes as relations have increasingly soured between Beijing and Canberra in recent months.
- Seven arrested in 255 million rand SA audit scandal
- World Bank announces $12bn plan for poor countries to buy Covid vaccines
- Congolese activist goes on trial over French museum protest
- Namibia to ratify continental medicines agency treaty
- Japan Airlines scraps ‘ladies and gentlemen’ in favour of gender-neutral greetings