The Affirmative Repositioning movement says it has offered to buy the Erongo Desalination Plant, owned by Orano Mining Namibia, which has been on the market for years and was previously offered to the government for N$ 3 billion. Contacted for comment by the Namibia press agency on how they plan to fund the purchase, AR leader Job Amupanda said the movement is not looking at figures at the moment, but will wait to see what will come out of its engagements with the management of the plant if they are granted an opportunity to negotiate with Orano Mining Namibia.
- Seven arrested in 255 million rand SA audit scandal
- World Bank announces $12bn plan for poor countries to buy Covid vaccines
- Congolese activist goes on trial over French museum protest
- Namibia to ratify continental medicines agency treaty
- Japan Airlines scraps ‘ladies and gentlemen’ in favour of gender-neutral greetings